A woman went to the hospital Wednesday evening after being rescued by firefighters from her burning apartment. Crews pulled up to 26th and J around 6:30 to find heavy smoke on the 2nd floor of the complex. The woman is identifed as 30-year-old Brianna Johnson, though it is unclear whether she is a resident of the apartment. Acting Battalion Chief, Brian Giles, said, quote “It was a fire looking for oxygen.” Fire inspectors say the fire started on the stove.
Pictured is Brianna Johnson. Photo courtesy of the Lincoln Police Department.