Insurance Official Gives Post Storm Damage Advice
If you've never experienced storm damage, it's impossible to know exactly what needs to be done when it's time to put the pieces back together. Director of Nebraska's Department of Insurance, Bruce Ramge, is making his staff available to help answer insurance-related questions. Director Ramge suggests the following:
Ramge said this will help you and your insurance company.
- Contact your insurance company or agent.
- Make sure storm damage doesn't get worse. For example, if a window has been knocked out, take measures to prevent further water damage.
- Keep copies of expenses.
- If you need to relocate, keep receipts.
- Keep notes of your telephone conversations.
- Keep copies of all correspondence, bills, and documentation submitted to the adjuster.