Heater Starts Mattress On Fire

LINCOLN -- An electric heater too close to the mattress started a fire and caused about $1,500 damage inside an apartment at 2430 "R" Street a little after 8 a.m. Thursday.  A woman was still inside the apartment when the fire was burning and that prompted a two-alarm response.  She wasn't hurt.  Battalion Chief Eric Jones tells KFOR News it's never a good idea to stay inside, get out immediately if your home is on fire.  Jones tells KFOR News at the scene the second alarm was issued based on the protocol when someone hasn't evacuated a building or home, regardless how big or small the fire would be in nature.





Firefighters doing overhaul work after a mattress fire at 2430 "R" Street Thursday morning. (Jeff Motz/KFOR News)

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
People : Eric JonesJeff Motz
A   A   A