Investigators with the Omaha Fire Department say a discarded cigarette on an outdoor balcony led to the blaze that gutted much of a University of Nebraska at Omaha student apartment building. The fire Wednesday afternoon destroyed the roof and third floor of the three-story building that housed 50 students. No students were injured. Investigators say the fire started on a second-floor balcony of the building, where smoking is banned. The University's policy allows smoking on campus, but only outdoors and at least 10 feet from any building entrance.