Fire Heavily Damages Northeast Lincoln Home

LINCOLN -- Improperly disposed smoking materials is the cause of a nasty house fire, which left an estimated $150,000 damage to a home at 7320 Colby.  Firefighters were called around 5:45am Thursday, when several neighbors called 911 after seeing flames from a block away.  Larry Holle lives across the street and told KFOR News he woke up hearing popping sounds, went back to bed before hearing people talking outside.  That's when he looked out his window and saw the garage across the street on fire.  Firefighters were first called to the 7400 block of Garland, but when they showed up they could see the flames coming from the house the next block over.  Battalion Fire Chief Jeanne Pashalek tells KFOR News at the scene flames were seen from the attached garage and the residents had left the house and went next door to a neighbor.  She says the fire did travel inside walls and other hard to reach areas of the home.  No one was hurt.  The family living there is getting assistance from the Red Cross and will be temporarily relocated. 


Smoke billows out of a home at 7320 Colby from a fire early Thursday morning. (Jeff Motz/KFOR News)

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : Lincoln
People : Jeanne PashalekJeff MotzLarry Holle
A   A   A