(Update) Careless Smoking Likely Cause Of Thanksgiving Blaze
Careless smoking is being blamed for a costly apartment fire in southwest Lincoln yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. Deputy Fire Chief Bruce Sellon told KFOR News that it appears the fire originated on the deck of an upper level apartment at 27th and Highway 2, perhaps put out in a combustible container. Sellon said damage totals have increased to around $300,000. Everyone in the building was evacuated and accounted for, but one firefighter was hurt while fighting the fire after ceiling drywall collapsed on him. He's since been treated and released for his injuries.