Tossed Cigarette Causes Two-Alarm Fire



LINCOLN -- Damage could be $100,000 to an apartment building started on fire by a carelessly tossed cigarette on Tuesday afternoon.  The two-alarm blaze near 16th and Garfield Streets was under control in about a half hour.  Lincoln Fire Inspector Donald Gross says a carelessly thrown away cigarette started a blanket on fire on the balcony.  Flames made it all the way to the roof.  Batallion Fire Chief Roger Bonin says fire and smoke damage was mainly contained to the apartment where the fire started.  Water damage was reported in the neighboring units.

 

 

 


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
People : Donald GrossRoger Bonin
A   A   A
Share