Citizens Sought For Task Force On City-County Consolidation
The Lincoln City Council, the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners and Mayor Chris Beutler today announced their intent to form a Task Force to study the possible consolidation of City and County agencies. The advisory group will make recommendations on consolidation and cooperative opportunities of the following government agencies:
• The City Public Works and Utilities Department and the Lancaster County Engineer’s Office
• The Lincoln Police Department and the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office
• The offices of the City Clerk and County Clerk
• The City Attorney’s Misdemeanor Prosecution Division and the Lancaster County Attorney.
The City Council and the County Board will each appoint five members to the Task Force, which is expected to meet for about nine months. The citizen advisory group will be led by a facilitator, and City and County staff will be available to assist the Task Force. The Mayor also will appoint a member to serve on the Task Force.
Those interested in serving on the Task Force should contact their City Council Representative or County Commissioner by January 31. They will be asked to submit resumes and contact information. The elected officials and their districts and contact information are listed below. To find the district in which you live, use the following contact information:
• City Council – Visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: council) or call 402-441-7515.
• County Board - Visit lancaster.ne.gov (click on “Board of Commissioners,” then “General Information”) or call 402-441-7447.
- 30 -
COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS:
• Deb Schorr, Chair, District 3 (southwest), 402-441-6860, email@example.com
• Larry Hudkins, Vice Chair, District 2 (northwest), 402-441-6863, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Roma Amundson, District 4 (southeast), 402-441-6864, email@example.com
• Jane Raybould, District 1 (central), 402-464-6297, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brent Smoyer, District 5 (northeast), 402-441-6861, email@example.com