LINCOLN -- Fire%201.JPG" style="width: 300px; float: left; height: 200px" />Fire officials are putting extra emphasis this week on keeping lighters and any ignition sources away from young children. But you should exercise that all the time, not just the Fourth of July. A child playing with a lighter started a mattress on fire late Monday morning in her bedroom at 2739 Starr Street. Firefighters were called around 11:30am and saw flames shooting out of an upper floor window. Fire Captain Scott Bastin says no one was hurt. Bastin says a child came downstairs to tell her father about a bed on fire. Damage from the fire is contained to the bedroom itself, while smoke damage was reported throughout the home. The family is being relocated through the assistance of the Red Cross.
Firefighters battle a house fire at 2739 Starr Street (Chi Riley/KFOR News)
BELOW: Fire under control. (Jeff Motz/KFOR News)